Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas party

Last night I had a Christmas party for the ladies that come to aerobics. I am one of the worst party planners, but it turned out great.

Everyone came late, which added to my anxiety. I always am ready way early and Indians usually come way late. I had a friend with me to help me pass the moments.

We had lots of cookies, chocolate cake, momos and chai. I was given a very high complement by ladies when they drank my chai. Several said, "Very nice chai. You are turning Indian." So that was nice. I also think I make pretty good chai. I like cardomon chai. I squish a green pardomon pod and boil it with the tea leaves. I also give a shake of cinnomon sugur in the leaves. It makes it taste so nice.

We played charades with different movies or actors. That went over well also. And then we had an arm wrestling competition. That was my idea. So we had the Americans vs. Indians. I thought that the Indian ladies would be weak, but was surprised that all of us Americans LOST. I lost to one of my trainers who I thought for sure I would win. It was halarious. We had two ties, one between my two trainers and one with the second trainer and an American lady. I will add pictures later.

I found the Christmas story in a children's Bible and had it read it Hindi which the ladies enjoyed. Then we danced. First up was the daughter of one of the ladies. I didn't have the song she wanted so she said, "That's okay, I will sing too." So she sang, "Crazy kya hai" and did the dance too. Then we all danced and laughed at eachother. So much fun.

Finally the ladies started to leave. All were happy to have come. I was extremely happy with how the party turned out. I am thankful for those who helped me by baking sweets, bringing things, coming up with games. I am thankful that my househelp lady will come today and clean up from our mess. And I am thankful that we were able to hear the real Christmas story, maybe some of them for the first time.

1 comment:

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

Sounds like your kind of party!! I'm wishing you were here making me some yummy chai right now. I guess I'll have to settle for Oregon Chai from a box.