Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Eggs


Yesterday, Micah and friends colored Easter eggs. Today they were hid and the kids found them. For some reason, I took two of them to church with me. I don't know why, but Micah didn't want to eat these two. So I thought, "I will give them to the beggar kids on the way to church." But whenever we bring food to give to the kids, there aren't any. So ended up with them at church.

Luckily, our church is next to a small slum area. There are always kids playing outside the church. So I just had to go give the eggs away. I saw a small group of boys playing with sticks and decided to give them the eggs. I made the mistake of asking, "who wants eggs?" So all the boys ran over to me with my two eggs in my hand. They all grabbed them and squished them out of my hand. Seriously squished eggs. One kid tried to eat some of the squished egg but then decided to throw it at his friend instead.

I walked away a little amused and a little annoyed.

No comments: