Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hot in the City

We have had a wonderful April with cooler than normal weather. But now it is hot! Today must have been 150 degrees! Well, maybe that is not quite right, but it might as well be that hot. I think the computer said it was 103 degrees, which is only 39.5 for those who only know celsius. I think 103 sounds much hotter.

I always have a hard time at the beginning of the hot season. My body takes a long time to adjust to the heat. So today I turned the a/c on and brought a mattress into the dining room (where the a/c was) and just laid there for a while. I won't tell you how long. Micah and his friends were in the front room without a fan even on. I went out there and asked them if they needed it. They didn't sound like they cared, but I turned it on anyway. Then one of them said that it hurt his wasp bite to have the wind blow on it, so I turned it off and laid back down in the other room.

The mattress was hot! It seemed like it could burst into a flame. Then I thought that maybe I would burst into flames at any moment. But alas, I survived. I think I may forget about cultural acceptance and wear shorts and a tank top. Look out Delhi, hear I come. Prepare to stare!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I gave in - we had an adoption swim party and . . . I wore shorts! Ah that pool felt soo good!