Monday, April 4, 2011

3 Ways

There are three ways to leave the house. One is to think through all the things you need for the day and walk around gathering the stuff before you walk out the door, often running here and there as your think of more things.

Two is the way Steve does it. He says good-bye and wonders around the house, says a few more "good-byes" or "I'm leaving" and continues to gather his stuff. Once he leaves I have to get up and lock the door. But I often times don't get up right away, because this second kind of leaving means that you leave two times. He usually comes back for something he has forgotten. If I lock the door too quickly, I will have to get up again to let him in.

The third way of leaving is the way I do it. I get my stuff together and walk out the door. Once I pass through the door I don't come back. If I forgot something (and I usually have) it is just "sorry Charlie" for me. I get to the car and realize it would be nice to have sun glasses, but too bad, I have left already. Once I am out, I don't go back.

No comments: