Thursday, April 5, 2012

P90X or Insanity

I have tried both P90X and Insanity and I prefer P90X. Now, to be fair, I didn't do all of the Insanity workout where I did finish P90X.

Yesterday I commented to Steve, "I find it amazing that I workout as much as I do yet I still have a big stomach." He still hasn't figured out what he "should" try to solve and when he "should" just agree with me. This was one of those times that he tried to solve it in a helpful suggestion of, "You have to watch what you eat" Not helpful! I told him how he should have responded and we started over. I again said, "I find it amazing that I workout as much as I do and I still have a big stomach." To which he responded, "It is amazing." Right response! Quick learner.

When I did P90X, I really noticed a difference in my body. With Insanity I believe my cardiovascular system is healthier. But since I still get winded going up three flights of stairs, I think I would prefer to see the difference. So I am going back to P90X. The bummer with P90X is that you need equipment. Insanity has shorter workouts, which I like, and no equipment. I also wasn't in pain for a week when I started Insanity. With P90X I moaned whenever I moved for the first week. Am I really ready to do that to myself again? Here's hoping that my body will quickly bounce back to the P90X shape it was in.

No comments: