Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Toenails

Yes, it is true, I hate toenails. Who is with me in this sentiment? I really want to know that I am not the only one out there who hates her own toenails. I don't mind other peoples' toenails, but mine drive me crazy. There are a lot of things that drive me crazy though. Not sure which thing is the thing that pushed me over the edge into insanity, it could have been my toenails.

I want my toenails to be pretty, and they are good looking, so that isn't a problem. I actually think I have nice feet. They have a good shape, and the toenails add something to the whole foot. But they bug me. They just feel so weird. Especially the little toenail. I find myself touching them all the time. Maybe my toenails are more sensitive then other peoples'.

Anytime I can feel the edge of the toenail starting to grow out a bit, I cut it short. If it feels too think I will file it flat. I've almost filed all the way through the toenail before and had to let it grow out fat. Even as I type this I can feel the little toenail on my left foot and it is almost too much for me to bare. Now the other little guy is making me feel it. They just sit there taunting me.

The edges bother me too. Especially if they touch another foot. Yuck! I cut those too. And if I wear closed toe shoes then my toenails rub the end of the shoe, or the top of the shoe, and try to rub a hole through the shoe. Oh what to do.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I don't hate toenails but I don't think toes are very good-looking to begin with. I almost never paint my fingernails but toenails always need the extra help.

Laura said...

I do not like my toes!

Especially the ones on my left foot. Each one of them has an issue - ranging from being broken, smashed (that's totally different from being broken), curled, and two other things I won't mention. I'm not going to share all my secrets!

And I don't paint my toenails because I don't want to draw attention to them.

All you out there with regular cute toes - count your ten blessings!