Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Stoked to be Soaked

I went on another shared auto today and enjoyed my squishy ride. I took it to the metro station, took the metro to the train station, but didn't take a train. Instead I took a cycle rickshaw to a hotel to meet a group of students. I shared with them about trafficking and what we are hoping to do with our after-care home. Then I had them all get on rickshaws and go through the red-light area to pray for the people there.

Apparently 4 American women are too much for one cycle rickshaw. We were two on the seat and two on a small seat on the back. Mostly kids sit on this seat. But today I and another young lady sat on it. We got lots of laughs and points. But the real excitement came when our rickshaw puller got off to pull us up a little incline. The whole thing started tipping backwards because of the weight on back (me). We put our feet down and the guy grabbed his seat and pulled us back up. But boy, did that cause a lot of laughs.

We got to the red-light area and the skies opened up and rain poured down on us. It was crazy. The rain not only came down, it came sideways right at us. We were completely drenched. The rickshaw puller stopped and got under a covering for 5 minutes to try to wait it out with everyone else. We ladies sat on the rickshaw and waited. Finally he gave up and decided to just take us in the rain. I don't know how he could see with it raining so hard. He even handed me his cell phone to try to keep it dry.

There was nothing we could do except laugh. The rain is glorious. It cooled us off. Especially when we went inside an a/c restaurant and were still wet. I am just happy that everyone made it back from their rickshaw in the rain experience.

1 comment:

Don said...

I am happy you all made it back also. What would the parents say if you lost one of the kids in the rain?