Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2 Hour Massage

Susie and I spent two hours getting a massage on our third day in Nepal. We trekked our way over a block to the small coffee and massage shop. The shop is called Aroma. They used nice scented oils. First they gave us a nice foot bath, probably for their benefit. Then we were told to strip down to just our panties and get under the sheet. The lady leaves the room while we stip. Susie was in a room next to me. There was nice, calm music playing and the table had a heating pad under the sheet. So I got on my table laying face down in the face hole. My lady came in and put some smelly something under my face and I think she said to breath in. As I took deep breaths, she pressed down on my back.

Then she started the massage. It was wonderful. So extremely relaxing. Not like a Thai massage that is deep tissue massage and twisting, but it was rubbing and working out the knots in my back. She did a great job. After an hour she has us flip over. Then she massaged my face and front side. The only awkward moment was when she tried to tell me something. I figured out that she wanted something to go down. At first I thought she meant the sheet, which would leave me exposed. Thankfully I didn’t pull the sheet down. I tried to figure out for sure what she was saying. She meant for ME to scoot down, not the sheet. But actually she wanted me to scoot up. So after I scooted down she motioned for me to scoot up. Then she massaged my neck.

So two hours came to an end and I was ready to just lay there all day long. But we had to get up and continue on our vacation.

2 comments:

cypresstony said...

If the spas ever figure out that they can offer just a scalp massage, then all the world's troubles will be cured! :)

Kim said...

Ah, so glad you had that - you deserved a wonderful massage!