Sunday, November 7, 2010

Grandpa


My Grandpa is 93 years old. He is my last grandparent to be living. He is a great man. He was a wonderful husband to my Grandma and is a wonderful father to my mom and her sisters. Now he is getting near the end of his life. The last thing he hopes to do is to die well.

So I have been thinking a lot about Grandpa Harvey. How does a person die well? Is it by living a good life? No, that to me doesn't make sense. I know Grandpa lived a good life and was a good person, but that doesn't mean he will die well. I think it must be that God will be with him when he dies, so I have to trust that God will help him to walk the valley of death and have no fear.

So my prayer for my Grandpa is, "God, please be near to Grandpa during these last days on earth. Walk with him as he enters into the next life. May he know your presence Jesus. Amen."

No comments: