Sunday, November 28, 2010

Armpits

Today I said, "I hate my armpits!" It got a laugh out of Micah. The more I thought about it, the more I agree with myself. Armpits are stinky.

I have always been a sweaty person. I remember in high school, going into the bathroom to wipe my pits with toilet paper to dry them. I hated to raise my arms up because I was embarassed by the wet spot. I'm sure there is some emotional scar from it.

Anyway, I am still a sweaty person. I hate clingy clothes because it just makes me sweat. Most fabrics cause me to sweat even in the winter. It is just who I am I guess.

I think the sweating problem is one reason why I am not a huggy person. I hate to put my sweaty armpits on someone.

Another reason I thought of today about why I hate armpits is that they get hairy. So now I not only have to worry about sweat, but I have to think about hair. If I raise my arm, will the person see that I haven't shaved in a week? And what about the smell? Why is it that very few deodorants work for me?

If my armpits weren't so important to the upper half of my body, I would probably have them surgically removed.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Just go to France and you'll fit right in, they stink and have hairy armpits and no one cares.

Grandma Cynthia said...

I'm cracking up! I felt the same way in high school: stinky.

I use to wear "dress shields." They were these strappy things that put material between your pits and your clothes to keep the stink off of them. They worked for that purpose but still didn't stop the smell even with deodorant. I was emotionally scarred all through school. :-) Oh well, I am finally used to it but can no longer find dress shields.

You are a crack-up and a little cracked too, but I love you just the same.

jessica said...

I hate my armpits too! I had to switch to men's deo because my arms pits where always smelly and sweaty! But using men's deo brought its own problems because then I had to deal with smelling very manly all the time!

Liz said...

Hahahaha I'm just thinking about how it would be possible to surgically remove your armpits. Goodness, I certainly do not miss the sweaty-ness of India.