Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Grandpa


This morning I got the call that I have been expecting for several weeks now, my Grandfather passed away. He was 93 years old. A wonderful example of godliness and goodness. He joins Jesus and my Grandma in heaven, probably having his banquet right now. I imagine it to be a wonderful reunion with family who have gone before, and friends who he hasn't seen for a long time. I have a cousin Jenny there and another cousin's son Aaron. I wonder what they are eating.

My Grandpa called me, "My Leslie." He said that is what my Grandma always called me. So for the last couple of years he referred to me that way too. It is something that will always be dear to me. I know that I was treasured by my grandparents.

I have a wonderful family. We have our little black sheep too, but they are also cared for deeply. Most everyone is following Jesus with their whole hearts. Some have had seasons away from God, but have joyfully returned. Knowing Jesus has bound us together in a special way. We may not be close, but our faith is the same. And we will always be able to share that.

So raise your glasses to My Grandpa! May he enjoy his welcoming party!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leslie, what I remember your Grandpa saying about you was "THat child should be called "Morely", not "Leslie", because she gives so much light to so many people....he loved to tease you and call you Morely.....he loved you dearly....
Aunt Sandi