Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fireworks

Two nights ago (yes, not the 4th of July) we went to a rodeo and watched the fireworks at the end. The rodeo was fun, but mostly we went so that we could see the fireworks. I wanted Micah to experience the 4th of July fireworks this year since we are in the States.

A couple of years ago we went to the 4th of July celebration at the American Embassy in Delhi. We try to go each year. It usually has hamburgers and hotdogs and some fun activities. The only bummer is that it is in the Delhi heat. So you walk around sweating, just to get a burger. They end the night with fireworks. Well that year there was a fireworks accident. All the fireworks went off at once and they didn't go higher than the trees, so we couldn't really see them. They were set off on the other side of the trees from us. So that was a bummer. I hope no one was hurt.

So this year, someone won free tickets to the rodeo and gave it to us, and it just so happened to have fireworks. So we went for it. I wore my hair in pigtails to try to look country. We had Micah wear a plaid shirt. Too bad we didn't have a cowboy hat. We figured that the traffic would be better than the actual 4th of July. One thing I can't stand anymore is crowds. I get overwhelmed with people. Weird, I know, coming from India.

As we were watching the fireworks I couldn't help but think of Christ's return. Won't it be awesome to see Christ return in the sky one day? I mean, when you see fireworks, it seems like they are falling towards you, but when Christ returns he will really be coming to us. I can't wait. Maybe there will be fireworks too, but I imagine they will be much better.

No comments: