Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Quit!

My gym job, that is. I quit the job. On Monday I called up the other trainer and told her I wouldn't be coming in and to please tell the ladies that I was sorry to have to leave them. So about 10 minutes later the manager called and I explained that I didn't find it worth my time to not be getting paid. He asked me to finish off the month and then he would pay me. But I held my ground and said no. I of course won't get any money for the six weeks I worked, but at least I don't have to fret about it anymore. It feels good to have told him that it was unfair to expect me to work without pay.

3 comments:

Troy and Kimberly said...

Go girl. I agree with your other friend, get paid in advance next time. Or say, "sure, I'll come. I won't teach until payment is in hand for what I've worked and for the rest of the month." I just feel so mad at that manager. Good thing we've got the ocean distance seperating us, and you're there instead :).

Janet said...

The song made me jump when it came on and then just made me laugh...so appropriate. So sorry you got ripped off on the money...but sad to say, I am not surprised. What now??

Growin' With It said...

way 2 b strong!