Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Three Strikes! I'm out!

Usually I am happy if I accomplish one thing during the day. And I usually don't try to do too many more than one. Today I had a small list of things to do that I have been needing to do since the gym closed last May. One was to pay the electricity bill.

Strike One! I tried to accomplish this yesterday and struck out so I put it on the list for today. Pay the electricity bill. I went too late yesterday. The office is only open from 10-3. So today I went around 11 and the workers were still enjoying their morning chai. I got a print out of the bill and saw that it was paid back in August. But there were still monthly charges since August. This was perplexing since the electricity has been cut since May. When the gym was sealed they cut the wires for my electricity. So I asked them to check this out. I also need to find out who paid it back in August. My landlord told me in Sept. to pay it so it wasn't them who did it. And who is stealing my electricity? So strike one was not being able to settle my bill.

Strike Two! Off I headed to the bank to close the gym account. I was hopeful but also not too surprised when I was told I didn't have all the information I needed. I need to write a board letter of resolution and have it stamped by the board members of L.S. Fitness Circle Pvt. Lmt. and bring in my official stamp. I just hope I can find the stamp. Until then, the money sits in the bank. Strike two.

Strike Three! The next thing on my list was to get money to pay for the repair of the treadmill. For some reason I didn't think about that when I was at the bank so I went to our local ATM (which here I am told stands for Anytime Cash Machine). But the machine was out of money. It happens a lot with this machine so again I wasn't completely surprised. Strike three, no money.

So I returned home with nothing accomplishedI was able to borrow money from a friend and will go to another ATM later to try again. But for now I need a Dr. Pepper........AGH, no Dr. Peppers here. I'M OUT!

1 comment:

Growin' With It said...

out of money? seriously? dang girl and no dr. pepper. sounds like a no good very bad day! hope tomorrow's better!