Monday, May 27, 2013

Too Hot To Trot

Yes, it is time for me to complain about being hot.  I am sitting in an air conditioned room and still sweating.  Is this menopause?

Yesterday I and a friend braved the heat to go shopping.  Wow!  Even though it was after 6PM the heat was still baking.  We felt hot wind blow on our faces as we pushed our way through the crowd of sweaty people, trying to find a few bracelets and maybe a t-shirt or two.  We were probably only out for an hour, but by the end I felt the need for an ice bath.

The heat is way over my comfort level.  I lay around at home under the ceiling fan.  I have no energy, no appetite, no desire to do anything.  I know that the other millions of people are suffering along with me, but they seem to do it less dramatically.  I need to figure out how to thrive in this heat.

I looked up online to find things to do in really hot weather.  All the ideas were outside activities.  Stupid.  Who wants to try to do anything outside.  And water activities do not work.  The water is hotter then the air.  So that leaves me with indoor activities that I can do in front of or below a fan.  Puzzles, movies, sleeping, .... that is all I can think of.  If you have some good, low energy ideas, please leave a comment.  I want to thrive in the heat (if I can first of all survive it).

2 comments:

Kim said...

Reading, writing letters, writing a book, skyping, learning how to make ice cream, cold pasta salad, eating ice cream,watching movies, eating more ice cream. Is that helpful? What do people do in really cold climates - when they can't go outside?

Kim said...

I thought of another one, learn to play an instrument or learn to do art with your friend. Go talk to the girls at the home, paint their nails, learn to sew and make your own kurtas. Eat more ice cream.