Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pooless Wonder

I have been trying to go without shampoo for around 10 days now.  I think I actually caved twice during that time and used shampoo.  My biggest issue is itchy scalp.  I have had an itchy scalp for as long as I can remember (42 years maybe).  Steve thinks I should go to a dermatologist but I will probably not get around to that unless I happen to be walking past an office of one while I am out and about one day.  So instead I go to my own doctor, the internet. 

The pooless recipe is baking soda.  And the anti-itchy scalp remedy is also baking soda.  For pooless you use it mixed with a lot of water, but for anti-itch you use it like a past.  So I tried that this morning.  I have gone several hours without itching, which is pretty good I think.  But now that I started thinking about my scalp I feel the urge to scratch.  So the next remedy is yogurt on my head for 30 minutes.  My problem is not knowing where to sit while I wait those 30 minutes with yogurt on my head.  Do I sit on the floor of the shower?  And what should I do while I wait?  Maybe I could paint my nails or something like that.

I don't know if I can make it to completely pooless status, but I am trying.  I like the fact that I will be saving money and it sounds cool to be helping the environment.  An added benefit is that it keeps my shower a bit cleaner too.  Oh, it just occurred to me what I can do while I am waiting the 30 minutes.  I can clean the shower with my head.

No comments: