Sunday, October 21, 2012

To Market, To Market

Our neighborhood has a Saturday night market.  They set up stalls and sell cheap clothes, make-up and hair supplies, pots and pans, vegetables, and plastic stuff.  I went to buy some sweats for Micah since it is getting down to 70 degrees at night these days.  Which reminds me that the sweater vest season is quickly approaching.  You can not find sweater vests at any local market.

The market is only a few blocks from our house, down the horrible, awful, no good road.  My walk there was uneventful, but for some reason the walk back was terrible.  Two motorcycles thought that where my next step was happened to be the perfect parking spot, so twice I had to stop in my tracks to avoid getting my toes ran over.  One guy parked and quickly swung his leg over his bike, almost hitting me for the second time in less than 5 seconds.

Next I had two different times where groups of young guys on motorcycles (3 guys on one bike) say "Hi!" to me.  Now I know that doesn't sound bad, but here it is obnoxious.  It is inappropriate behavior for them.  So I glared or ignored.  I think it is funny when they come up behind me and say "Hi" and then turn and look at me.  They are probably thinking, "Oh man, she is as old as my mom."

And finally, while I approached my own safe home, there was a car parked on the side of the road.  I was walking on the side of the road heading towards this car.  As I was about 5 paces away, the car started and almost immediately was coming towards me.  Again, not a big deal, I just stepped aside.  But seriously, could they not wait the few seconds it would have taken me to walk past them before they started moving?

Sometimes India can drive a person crazy!



1 comment:

Kim said...

So, my mom says that at a certain point attention like the guys on the bike becomes flattering again. I wonder when that day will come. It's obviously not now because you are still so hot :). Glad you made it home safetly.