Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Brochure

I created a new brochure for the NGO that I work with.  It took several reworkings with the printer to get it set nicely and then we printed 1000 copies of it.  We got it back last night and noticed 3 typos.  At first I was shocked that I would somehow miss that and even my computer wouldn't have caught it.  SO I checked the file we sent to the printer and it WAS NOT MY MISTAKE.  Not sure why the printer made any changes to the typing, but he did.  Our fault is that we did not proof-read it after he sent it back.  We were looking at the layout, not the typing (since it was perfect when we sent it). 

It only proves we are in India.  There are so many typos on signs and brochures here that it can become a hobby to collect all the mistakes.  Now there is one more brochure for the collection.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Classic. But maybe it was just British/Indian English rather than American English.

SLMW8MAN said...

nope. it was "ae" instead of "are" and "tafficking" and "Statistic" they dropped the "s". Not sure why they would do proof-reading and mess it up.

Laura said...

That sucks.