Monday, May 7, 2012

Magazines

I requested a donation of magazines for the girls at the girls home.  I wanted (and requested) travel magazines or home and garden type.  What I have gotten are fashion magazines and a few men's health (with lots of articles on sex).  I don't know what to do with all the magazines.  I want to teach the girls to make jewelry out of the, but I don't want them to be gazing at the fashion models and sexy clothes.  So far I was able to cut out jewelry pictures for my Sunday School class to make pretty crowns.  I have also torn out the perfume samples to put in my drawers.  But now what?  I could go through them all and tear out the bad pages, but that would be a lot of work.  Or maybe I could just tear out the good pages.  That might not take as long.

Who buys these magazines anyway?  None of the fashions in the magazines are normal.  Nor are they prized in such a way that a normal person could buy.  I mean, who pays $1000. for a pair of shoes?  And the make-up that the ladies wear is weird also.  If I wore something like these models wore I would be the laughing stock of the neighborhood. 

No comments: