Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bread

This morning I had an english muffin.  I suppose that is something that people can make at home, but I certainly will never do that.  So I only get them in America.  And I don't think I have ever actually bought them for myself, so I only get them at other peoples' homes.

Nothing to do with bread, but........I  just came back from the gas station down the street to get a drink.  I chose to go with the medium.  Small is just too small.  And the large was gluttonous.  So the 32oz. was the medium choice.  I'm still pretty amazed at the sizes here.

A few days ago I was reading in the book of John that Jesus is the bread of Life.  I know this shouldn't be a new thought to me, but it struck me as if I had never thought of it before.  I was reminded of the manna that the Isrealites were fed.  Each day they gathered manna and were satisfied.  Extra for the Sabbath.  So I was struck by the thought to each day eat of Jesus, the manna of life, and to be satisfied.  He satisfies me.  He is enough.  Some days I am satisfied for two days, but usually I need to be filled each day.  Good food.

Deep thoughts with Leslie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

saw a bumper sticker over the weekend that proclaimed...if you don't have the Bread of Life, you're toast!

hugs...Patricia Link