Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Cooked

Last night I had to come up with a meal for the three of us. Thankfully, my mom had sent a package with some food items in it, otherwise there would have been a call to Dominoes. So I made some Mac N Cheese and some eggs with refried beans. My mom had sent the Mac N Cheese and the refried beans. I just had to have eggs.

We were all tired after a long day out, so I was trying to save time. I didn't actually wash the pan that I made the eggs in. The night before, eggs were made in it and my househelp hadn't come to do dishes, so it still sat on the stove. I rinsed it out, but there were still a few dried egg spots in it. And I rinsed off the eggs. They come farm fresh here, which means they have chicken poop on the shells still. Maybe one of these errors were the cause of the effect that happened to Micah's body at 1 AM.

Micah was having a hard time falling asleep. We moved him into our room with a mattress on the floor so that he could enjoy the a/c. But he kept getting up because he was restless. So finally I traded places with him. I went to the floor and he got to be in the bed. I actually think the floor was cooler. Around 1 I heard some commotion. Then Steve and Micah were up. I guess Micah was getting sick. So after he came back from throwing up, I had him sleep with me so I could make sure he was okay. That was all fine and dandy until I felt a warm, wet spot on the back of my shirt. I was sleeping with my back to him and he had his face nuzzled against my back. He got sick in his sleep and tried to keep it in, but had to let it out... ON MY BACK! So we all got up and cleaned up the mess. I took a shower while Steve cleaned the mattress. Micah also changed and we all got back in bed.

So the moral of the story is..... Don't cook. Tonight we have ordered Dominoes.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Grosssssss! Hope he's feeling better.