Friday, May 27, 2011

Anger in the Air

Yesterday I responded to a post on Facebook and made people angry. The person I was writing to had written a poem or writing and used curse words, the worst ones too. So anyway, I couldn't hold back, I had to respond. I said that there were better words to use and that those were icky words. So then his friend wrote a comment saying that it was so horrible of me to try to censor someone's writing and she used curse words too. Then I noticed that from then on the cursing just got worse. Like, "In Your Face!"

I'm not bothered that I made someone angry. I am bothered by the fact that the person has changed. I wonder what has happened that made him a different person. He comes from a good family of loving people, but there is a lot of hatred in his heart and darkness. Is it like Anakin who went to the dark side?

This incident has also made me feel old. These young kids, who are in their early 20's, seem so immature to me. And then I started thinking about more and more kids their age and I see a connection to anger. Too many of them are boiling in hate.

As I ponder this further I see another factor. Several of these angry young guys went in to the military. Not the real military, but the want-to-be military. I didn't even know there was a short military. Maybe that is new too. But anyway, these guys did the 6 week course of bootcamp and training. It seems they came out with a chip on their shoulders. But in reality I think they had pent up anger before they entered and the short military training made them feel tough and not afraid to let their anger out. I am almost afraid to have these guys get a gun.

I don't want my baby to grow up. (as I just told him to give me a minute and not talk to me while I am typing, so he threw something at me)

No comments: