Saturday, October 30, 2010

Talk

I talked to my sister and parents on the phone this morning. We talked about the Myers Briggs test that tells you what personality type you are. A lot of people know their letters and apparently that is fun. So I decided I would take the test online and find out what I am. I was only two letters mostly and 1% of two other letters. I was going to memorize the letters, but now I only remember that I am an "I" and "J". For some, that says a lot. For others, that means nothing. I am one of those that it means nothing to. All I know is that "I" is for introvert.

Today we watched our friends' kids all day long. I took the kids to the park first thing, hoping to help get some energy out. They are in to pillow fighting right now, so I wanted to help tone that down by being outside a bit. The boys played with sticks the whole time and the girl found a rock and made it her friend. It was all fine until her rock pushed her off the swing. She landed on her back, but she was okay.

Later, I took the girl to the market with our friend. We had lunch, did some shopping, got money, and then she had ice cream. What amazed me is that my little friend talked the WHOLE time we were out. She must be an "E". While she and our friends ate ice cream, the little beggar kids watched them through the glass store front. It was too much for my little friend to take. She ended up giving them half her ice cream and the coke she had left over from lunch. I thought the beggar kids would share, but they didn't. There were 5 of them and only two items.

Steve took the boys out to the sports area and I stayed with my little friend. She watched a movie while I did my P90X. Then it was time to find something to do. After the movie she started talking again. She talked about her rock and how excited she was to get home to paint it. So I decided it was time to take her home. She played in her room while I read the paper. And she talked. She talked to her rock. She talked to herself. And she just talked on and on.

I would guess that my little friend talked for 5 hours today. I wonder how many words that is. I am in awe of how she can entertain herself with her rock and how she can have so much to talk about. I tried to match her talking but really just ran out of things to say. I blame it on being an "IJ".

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thank you - that was just the medicine of laughter the doctor ordered.

the family said...

Thank you for listening to my daughtor for hours today.