Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hair Cut

Today I walked into our bathroom and noticed some strands of hair in the sink, like someone trimmed their hair. The only problem was that they were black hairs and our family doesn't have long black hair. Hmmmm. This doesn't sound good. But I figured out what happened when I noticed more clumps of hair on the ground and saw our hair cutting scissors by the sink.

We had a friend visiting. She is only 6. She has dark hair. So I brought the clumps of hair out to see if she knew where they came from. She said she didn't. She didn't know whose they were. She said she didn't cut her hair, so then I was left baffled. But not all six year olds tell the truth when they do something that they aren't suppose to do. So I asked her to show me where she cut. Sure enough, it was right in front. I thought that if it wasn't obvious that I would just let it slide. But if her parents were to comb her hair for her, they would notice right away.

She asked me not to tell her parents. I told her that I would have to. She begged me. She said that she would get in trouble. So I asked her why she did it. But she didn't know the answer to that. I felt bad that we left the scissors out to tempt her like that, so I tried to think of a solution. I decided that we would just tape the hair back on her head. I had invisible tape, so I thought that would work. I wrapped tape around the strands and then taped it to the cut area. It looked good. I told my friend that I wouldn't tell her parents.

So I just took her home. I thought maybe her parents didn't notice. But her dad asked, "What's in your hair?" At that point I decided to leave. So not sure if they figured out what happened or not. Maybe she came up with a good story.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Do you know the horror I had in reading your blog, knowing exactly who you were talking about!!! Do you know that is like the 4th time she's done this, and that we hide our scissors on top shelves - including children's scissors? Do you know that she is NOT growing out of this? Do you think not telling us gets either of you out of this? You both get timeout . . . not together.