Saturday, October 16, 2010

Shopping

I am probably one of the worst shoppers. My cupboards are bare, proof that I don't do shopping. Well, not completely bare. There is oatmeal, chocolate milk powder, some ramen noodles and thai sauce.

I just came back from the market to buy some food for lunch. The problem is that because of the Common Wealth Games, the stores haven't been getting all their stock. Ramen noodles is one of the things that they haven't been getting. I was planning to make that for lunch, since I already had one packet at home. So instead, I bought some eggs, some chips and candles. Not sure what I will make with them yet.

Plastic shopping bags are now banned in Delhi. If you don't bring your own bag to the store, you may end up having to carry your items. I didn't bring my bag today, but had my big purse. So I had to put my items in my purse. For the walk home, I chose to carry the eggs. Eggs here come in plastic bags. You tell the shop keeper (or his son) how many eggs you want and he puts them in a small plastic bag (I guess those aren't banned).

As a reward for a successful shopping trip, I bought myself a coke. Here's to another successful day tomorrow when hopefully they will have the noodles.

1 comment:

Windy said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I had a whole lot of success with the P90x program. I lost about 25 lbs of baby weight. (I am 5'5''... I weighed 145 at the start of P90x and currently weigh 120). I followed the diet plans loosely...but I struggled with A LOT of lows because of the extreme amount of calories being burned. I had to adjust my basel rate weekly on my pump... lowered it from 40u per day to 26 per day. They key for me was to do the workout at the same time every day, and make sure I ate a LOT of protein snacks. Especially before bed!

Good luck to you and your friend!