Thursday, September 9, 2010

Train of Thought

It is interesting (to me anyway) how a person ends up at certain destinations in their thoughts. I'm sure that everyone takes a train of thought to their destination. I often like to know how their thoughts went from one point to another. With my sister, we often tell each other how the train journey went. Sometimes I think I end up at the funny farm. But it is only for a visit.

Like today for instance. I woke up thinking about what I was going to do during the day. Pretty normal thought. So I got on the train of "what will I do today." I thought, "I would like to work out." That was all the fuel my train needed to go.

This is how the train went. "I will do the Kenpo X workout. That one is hard. I will drink a protein shake afterwards. Satoshi needs protein. My shake is made of soy. I wonder if the tofu people make soy milk. I wonder how much protein is in soy. Peanut butter is a good source of protein. Hiroko could make a peanut butter shake for Satoshi. But peanut butter would just sink if it was just mixed with milk. It needs to be ice cream. But that is fattening. It would be fine for Satoshi but not for me. Eggs are a good source of protein. I could be like Rocky and drink raw eggs. Eggs are slimy. But real eggnog doesn't seem too slimy. It still seems gross. Fake eggnog is good. I wonder if that would be a good source of protein. Too bad it is only sold at Christmas. I wonder why it is only sold at Christmas. What other things are only sold at Christmas. Candy canes. I don't think people would buy candy canes. Or turkey. You can buy turkey all year. I wonder if a grocery store sold eggnog if people would buy it. If there was only one store that sold eggnog, would they increase their customers. Would people come for eggnog and buy other stuff. If I had a grocery store, I would sell eggnog all year long."

So now you know how the mind of Leslie works. Is it similar to yours?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just like a peanut. My mind works in similar fashion. As you know I get fequently lost on my own train. "hey im on a train..how did I get on this train? Where is going? Did I want to be on this train?.hi nicki hi nicki..should I get taco bell while, on this tank.. Oh wait its a train...

Unknown said...

Just like a peanut. My mind works in similar fashion. As you know I get fequently lost on my own train. "hey im on a train..how did I get on this train? Where is going? Did I want to be on this train?.hi nicki hi nicki..should I get taco bell while, on this tank.. Oh wait its a train...

Unknown said...

Just like a peanut. My mind works in similar fashion. As you know I get fequently lost on my own train. "hey im on a train..how did I get on this train? Where is going? Did I want to be on this train?.hi nicki hi nicki..should I get taco bell while, on this tank.. Oh wait its a train...

MaryLou said...

I don't know you, but can you imagine being 62 years on that train? I know that train-of-thought well, and really don't remember being able not think that way.
In case you can't guess...I am an artist, and not a very productive one...I am too easily "dis-tracked"!

I found out about your blog from my precious friend (adopted daughter) Kim Dickson. Thank you for sharing the post about the tragedy of child prostitution.