Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bedspread

When we moved into our new house, I found a bedspread in our storage that belonged to someone who left India and left their stuff with us. So I put it on the bed and loved it. I also had some curtains that kind of matched. So for once, I had a bedroom that looked a little stylish. Cute.

Steve really likes to have a certain feel to his bedspreads. He goes through a lot of bedspreads because they aren't the right weight. Well apparently this new bedspread does not pass the Steve test. So he got out our old bedspread. I refuse to use the old one because it is not pretty. So now he sleeps under his and I sleep under mine.

Last night when he got his bedspread out it kind of made me sad. I was enjoying the look of the room with the new one. I think that comfort should come before style so I shouldn't be sad. I totally dress for comfort and not style, so why can't I let Steve have a bedspread that is comfortable.

In the end I thought that it will take away a lot of the frustration of curtain shopping. I have been trying to match the floor color of our dining room, but I'm not having any luck. So now I will just go for any old color, knowing that style doesn't matter. I just want to block out the sun. So now we have some curtains up in the dining room and they don't match the floor. The only problem is that Steve doesn't like the way they slide on the curtain rod. Jeesh!

2 comments:

Refueling in Flight said...

so.. is it red plaid? :)

Kim said...

And I was going to ask you if you wanted to go curtain shopping this afternoon.