Tuesday, April 7, 2009

more money

Today the saga of the equipment travel continues. It seems the train wouldn't allow our gym equipment to go on the train (even though we paid lots). So I got a call today from our friend who is doing the grunt work. He was suppose to be on the train about 20 hours ago so it was surprising. I was hoping he was calling to tell me all was going well. But instead he said, "The equipment didn't go on the train." He explained in Hindi why, but all I understood was that it will take twice as much money for it to go now. Something about the equipment being too fragile for them to stack stuff on it so we will have to pay for half a train car.

This shouldn't surprise me because it all seemed too simple. I asked over and over again if there was anything else I needed to do before hand, but the answer was, "No, it will be no problem, blah blah blah."

So now I guess it is on another train going to another city. From that city the equipment will go in a truck to the city it needs to go to. Right now I wouldn't be surprised if it disappears off the face of the earth.

No comments: