Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Get a room!

Sometimes crazy things seem to happen. Last week a lady who use to go to the gym called me. She asked if we were opening again. Then she got to what she was really calling about. She wondered if I had a room to rent. I said no, but would ask around. She said it would just be for one day and they would pay whatever we asked. Hmmm. She said it was for a friend. "Boy or girl?" I asked. She said, "Actually, I just need a room for a couple hours." Hmmm. I said, "oh, just for rest?" She said, "Actually, just for fun." HMMMM! So I told her I would check around and let her know. I hung up and my mind started working (I am getting slow I guess). What could she want a room for? And why for just a few hours? What kind of fun? The only thing I could come up with is that she needs the room for sex. I didn't want anything to do with that.

She had told me that she had gotten married three months ago and was just in the neighborhood to visit her parents.

So today she calls back to see if I have found a room for her. I told her no and was hoping that would be the end of that conversation. Then she said she didn't want to lie to me, but I was her only hope (reminds me of Star Wars). Anyway, she said her husband is impotent and her father is dying. She wants more than anything to give her father a grandchild. She said it would double his life. So she has a friend who has agreed to help them have a child (nice friend). I asked if her husband knew about it and she said yes. So I said I would ask one more person and let her know. She said, "Oh please Leslie, you are the only one I trust enough to ask. And don't tell any of the gym ladies."

She is going to be calling me any minute to find out what I have for her. I don't have a room. But I hope I can advise her not to do this. There are other ways to have a baby. If it really is a desire for a child and not just a chance to have sex with a friend, there are lots of babies to be adopted. I see her solution only being a destroyer of her marriage and relationship with her husband, let alone the child. I will advise her to talk to a doctor. Pray about it. And to let her know I am praying for her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I didn't think stuff like that still happened these days. I have to say I'm a little shocked. Good luck speaking to your friend. I Pray she can really hear what you are saying and can find an alternate route to motherhood. WOW! Take care~ Melissa

Troy and Kimberly said...

Holy Cow!!! So, how did it turn out?