Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is Risen!

Yesterday my friend and I had an Easter Tea for the ladies that come to aerobics. My friend hid some presents in little containers around the room. She couldn't find any plastic eggs. So then the ladies looked for them. In 12 of the containers were the story of the resurrection. We sat and each one read their verse. After the story we sang a song in Hindi.

A group of us walked home together and I was able to talk with a new lady who moved here from America, but is Indian. She wears the black burqua covering of muslims. She said that she can't get use to people staring at her. I am surprised that she feels the stares. I mean, I get stared at all the time but I didn't think she would. She thought maybe it was because of the burqua. Then I came up with a good explanation. I said it is probably that they are trying to see if they know her, or maybe if she is their mom. She got a good laugh out of that.

No comments: