Monday, November 17, 2008

Looking Back

Another week has started here in India (even though my blog time says it is still Sunday). Looking back at last week I can say I am glad that it is done. I had a rough week. I felt down all week. I would like to blame Satan for it, but maybe it was God trying to teach me to rely on him. Maybe we give Satan too much credit. Anyway, I am glad it is over.

So looking back here is what I have learned: I have to continue to self-talk myself into the right way of living. Sounds all new age, but it is biblical too. "Take every thought captive..." Thoughts run through my mind with things like, "I am done with India" and "This is too hard." But when I turn to God to check those thoughts I don't hear him agreeing with me. So I must quiet those thoughts. When it is time for us to move on to a new job I am sure God will make it semi clear. And the Word tells me that God will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can bare. So it is not too hard. Now that doesn't make me all happy and cheery again, I am still struggling. But at least I can rely on the fact that I am where God wants me to be and most likely next week it will all be a distant memory.

And it is a distant memory. I still remember, but I can see more clearly. I can pick up my feet and move again. I am thankful for the time of quietness last week, even though I wasn't happy during it. I needed rest. And I am thankful for a new day. His mercies are new every morning.

2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

one thing i love about my blog is that i can pour my heart out in it and let it go when i hit publish!

well that and divulge a huge secret past for all of bloggyland to see!

one way to get more readers and friends is to comment away on other people's blogs! it is an amazing group of sweet people who support and love on you everyday.

and i'm glad i'm one on your list! cuz it stinks being far away and feeling down by yourself. hang in there les.

linda in washougal said...

What? No pictures of NN? I'm shocked. I'm still trying to figure out how to be a follower. :)