Thursday, November 20, 2008

aerobics again

Yesterday was another aerobics day. One of the ladies who normally does aerobics had offered her basement for us to use for aerobics. So we all walked over to her house and the guard rang the bell for us. Her servant answered and said "Maam is sick today and is sleeping, so you can't use the basement." So we headed to my house again (where there is no guard and the servant had left). We pushed the furniture aside and squished together. I had to adjust some steps so we wouldn't kick the walls or each other, but other than that it worked quite well. We had six ladies and 4 helpers that I told to just sit and watch.

I am amazed at how many times I need to make adjustments. I think I have something all figured out and then something happens last minute. I have learned to be flexible most of the time and not get my panties in a wad over it all. Sometimes I freak out and want to throw in the towel (last week), but if I see it as God having other plans than mine I can handle it. And the ladies here are amazingly flexible. Not a one complained about the tight space. And after aerobics I made chai for the four who stayed and we chatted for a half hour or so. When it is all said and done, the relationships are what really matters, not the place we do aerobics. And I love the ladies and my time with them. Maybe I will post a picture so you can see how small of a place they can do aerobics in. I feel like I am breathing down the neck of the person in front of me. But they love the closeness. I love them!

3 comments:

Janet said...

I would love to see a picture of you in action!

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

Mongolians are close quarter people as well. Maybe the odd ones are the Americans!

Growin' With It said...

you ARE dedicated. i would've given up and rounded them up to go out for chai! i know that you will see much fruit from your efforts girl!