Friday, November 7, 2008

Khushboo


It has been almost a month now since Khushboo got married. I have seen her a couple times. Last week she was at her old house and I came over for chai and to visit. She was staying for a few days. She said her husband called everyday, several times, and was missing her. He calls her "My Baby". I am told that he buys her bananas every morning and chips in the afternoon. The family's routine is different from her old one. The sleep late and stay up late. Dinner is often after 10. So she is hungry in the afternoon. Hence the chips.

So I just wanted to update the blog to let you know that she is doing good. And my initial reaction towards her husband was just my shock. He seems to be a good guy. Here is a picture of the reception. That is him sitting in the fancy chair next to her.

2 comments:

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

What a telling picture! It's a foreign situation to me, arranged marriages, but it must work for some. Thanks for the update.

Growin' With It said...

don't you wish you could read her thoughts at that moment in the photo? good to hear such a happy ending!