Tuesday, May 19, 2015

If Words Could Kill

The little kids saying goes, "Sticks and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me."  FALSE!  I think everyone knows that isn't true.

Recently I was verbally attacked.  It was disguised in the form of care, but was clearly just a front to hurt me without looking bad himself.  I've seen the same person do it to other people so it shouldn't have come as such a surprise when it happened to me, but it did, it caught me off guard.  The things that were said were an assault on my life, my work, and my being.  And worse yet is that those around me just watched it happen without having the courage to defend me.  So the wounding seared into my soul.

Like a physical injury, these lacerations by words will leave a scar.  It is something I will most likely carry with me for the rest of my life, until I get Alzheimer's.  My pockmark will be the reminder to be careful with my words for they can bring life or death.

No comments: