Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Award Ceremony

Today was graduation and the awards ceremony at school.  These always take me back to my grade school years and sitting through award ceremonies.  I remember sitting there wondering/hoping that my name would be called next.  Now don't get me wrong, I got some awards during many of the ceremonies.  But it is that feeling of wanting to be noticed for being good at something that makes me cringe.

Awards are great!  And the students who get them really deserve them.  They are getting good grades or are being outstanding at something.  They really do deserve recognition.  I just feel bad for all the others who are pretty good, but not the best at something.  Most people aren't the best.  And some people are the best at several things academically.

This year Micah didn't get an award.  But what the awards ceremony failed to recognize is how great Micah is.  He isn't the top grade earner in any of his classes (although if he wanted to be he could because he is a smarty pants).  However, he is amazing at many other things.  He is great in acting, which he has been awarded for in the past.  He is great at his comics, even though he isn't that interested in them anymore.  He is very creative.  He has a great sense of humor.  He is sensitive to those who are hurting.  He is great at sports.  He has a heart that desires to please God.  He is disciplined.  He is determined.  He is a great writer.  He has a great memory.  And he is kind.

I may be biased, but I think Micah is the best!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%!!! He is the BEST! Being I am his Dad I am biased too!