Thursday, May 14, 2015

Earthquake!

We have cracks in our walls.  They were there before the Nepal earthquake but now I notice them daily.  I've marked the wall where the crack stops to see if it is growing.  It isn't.

I felt the earthquake during the last one.  I was laying in bed, having a pity party, and felt shaking.  I yelled out to my mom, "Are we having an earthquake?"  She checked outside and said, "No."  I had gotten up to look at a fan that wasn't already moving and couldn't tell, so I assumed it was just me.  I laid back down and still felt the shaking which to me confirmed that it was just me.  But it wasn't.  It was just a really long earthquake.

I've wondered out Delhi would fare in an earthquake the size of the one that hit Nepal.  It's best not to think about it actually.  There isn't anything I could really do about it.

I've gone through a big earthquake in my life.  The walls crumbled around me.  The shaking seemed to last an eternity.  Precious belongings were destroyed.  There was death and destruction all around.  My only goal was survival.  But my foundation was solid and I will rebuild.  My new life will be stronger.  I will have learned valuable lessons from going through the big one.

Faith is a sure foundation.

No comments: