Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Death of a Dream

If you have been reading my blog recently, you will realize that I am going through a difficult time. So my blogging is my therapy.

I recently realized that I have experienced a death of a dream.  A 30 year dream has died.  It was killed a few months ago but I didn't know it.  Like a child that is missing and you fear the worst but hope for the best, I was living in denial.  Finally it has hit me that the dream is gone and I need to grieve and bury what I have left of it.  So I let my tears flow.  I feel angry that it happened to my dream.  I yell, "THIS ISN"T FAIR!"  And then I remember.  I remember the good times.  I remember funny things that happened while I was living the dream.  And I have hope.  I'm hopeful there is a purpose in all of this.  Hopeful that I was faithful in the time I had with the dream.  And hopeful that there can be new dreams.  There will always be a place in me that misses this dream and it won't always bring tears when I think about it, but for now I grieve.

No comments: