Friday, August 31, 2012

The Death of a Dream


A few weeks ago we watched this video at church.  It is the story of the dream of Veggie Tales creator, Phil Vischer, who had a dream that died.  It reminded me of a dream I had once.  A dream of operating a gym for women in India.

The gym was great and horrible at the same time.  But of course now that I am several years after the gym closed what I really remember is how great it was.  I had such great friendships with the ladies who came to the gym.  I really got to be a part of their lives.  And that is what mattered.  And what I thought mattered to God.  But then the gym closed and I no longer had the excuse to be with the ladies each day.  I missed those friendships.  I missed the status I had of owning a gym in India.  I missed having a purpose each day.  What was God doing?

I still don't know why God allowed the gym to close, except I know it was for my good.  Because everything God does is done out of love.  So when I can't see or understand God's path he is taking me down, at least I can know that He knows the way. 


The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.

The lessons from the video are:

God Loves Me
Don't worry about the outcome, my job is simply to do what he asks
Beware of your dreams, for dreams make dangerous friends  (Because God is enough)

1 comment:

Don said...

Good video, Leslie, and good lesson to learn.