Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sick Day

Actually, this is day three of being sick. I haven't been sick in years. I also make fun of people who get sick all the time, so this is probably only right for me to get sick. I am a really lame nurse to sick people. I have no patience (ha ha). But now it is my turn and I am kind of feeling sorry for myself. No one has offered to massage my belly or bring me anything. I have had to ask for things. Boo hoo.

So here is what it is like being sick. First thing I did was eat too much food. It just sat at the base of my ribcage for the whole night. Nothing digested. So finally at 1AM I decided I needed to get things moving one way or the other. I stood at the toilet thinking about gross things. That didn't work. So then I did some twists and bent over. That started things. I gagged a few times and then presto, the food came up. I felt like a sausage maker. It just came out of me like a big chunk of dinner. I could have put it on a plate and served it. Boy did I eat a lot.

As with most barf sessions, the first is never enough. So a few hours later I was up again. I got the rest of it out and was back in bed. Until a few hours later when I got up to dry heave. I finally learned that if I don't kneel next to the toilet then it splashes too much.

I really enjoyed the dinner, which is a bummer because now I won't be able to eat that meal for a while without being reminded of barf. That happened with orange juice once. I had to drink this stuff to make me vomit and it was orange flavored. Well that ruined orange juice for years.

1 comment:

Kim said...

So, you made yourself puke?