Friday, October 28, 2011

My Friends

Now I know that if you are reading this, you are hoping that I will be talking about you in this posting, because you are my friend. But most likely, the people I talk about here are not going to be reading this posting. Sadly, we are no longer friends.

There was Joshua (I think that was his name) in kindergarten. He lived across the street from us on Maple Street. We played outside on Big Wheels and he had the cool pump scooter. This was decades before the scooter fad of these days. Life was good for us. Outside playing with friends without a care in the world.

Heike and I are still friends on Facebook. She was my grade school best friend. We rode our bikes to each others homes on weekends and in the summer. We played dress up, dolls, had sleep overs, and rode bikes together.

Yvonne also became a friend in grade school. She lived down the street with her dad. She had a hard life and was a bit odd. She was socially different. Her dad was abusive it seemed. He yelled and hit her. She liked coming to my house to play. Sometimes she would come up to our sliding glass door and stare in while we ate dinner. One thing I remember is that I prayed with her to accept Jesus as her savior.

There was a friend named Melissa in grade school who was the one I played dolls with the most. We would pretend to be pushing our baby carriage around the play ground. I suppose that means we just walked around with our hands in front of us and talking to our invisible babies. Great imaginations.

I wish I could go back in time and watch myself with my friends. As I watch Micah with his different friend playing, I imagine myself with my friends and the joy we had together. Life was so easy. Spending all day Saturday just playing with friends... that's the life.

No comments: