Friday, October 14, 2011

Mrs. Nibbles

We are babysitting a hamster for some friends this week. Her name is either Mrs. Nibbles, Mrs. Wiggles, or Mrs. Giggles. I can't remember. Two days ago, Steve decided to let her run around the house. So he let her out and didn't watch where she went. So we lost her. We looked all through the house and couldn't find her anywhere. The problem is that hamsters sleep during the day.

So last night I told Steve that he should get up in the middle of the night and look for her since he is the one who lost her. He said he would. So sometime in the night, Steve got up and started to look. He found her within two minutes, hiding by his guitar. So he put her back in her cage and went to bed.

This morning I got up and noticed the cage was empty. Assuming that Steve didn't find her, I started looking a bit. Since she is active in the morning, I decided to turn on some lights to let her know to run around. I went to the bathroom and when I came out, she was sitting right outside the bathroom door. So I put her in her cage.

When Micah woke up, I told him I had found Mrs. Nibbles. He said, "Really? I thought Dad found her." Steve had already told Micah that he had found her, so he was confused that I had said that I had found her. So I asked Steve to tell me how he found her. It turns out that Steve found her but then didn't notice that the top of the cage, where the house usually fits, was open. So he put her in and she got out again, probably falling off the bookshelf that the cage is on.

Now Mrs. Nibble is found and glad to be in her cage with the water and food. And we are glad she is found so that we can return her safely to her owners. Next time we babysit, I hope they give us her ball to travel around in.

No comments: