Monday, October 24, 2011

Homework

Micah is doing homework right now. I'm not helping him because I will only cause us both to end up in tears. Actually, only he will be in tears because I don't cry. But I will have to eat the other half of the cinnomon roll if I'm not careful.

When I was Micah's age, I also fell apart when I was doing my homework. I would flop around and have no clue what I was suppose to be doing. My parents would help me. My sister seems to remember that my dad would end up doing part of my homework. I didn't believe that was true until now.

When I help Micah with his homework, I often times give in and start "helping" him too much. Like right now, he is trying to write an outline. I have already given him the topic sentence and have strongly encouraged him in the first point of the outline. I had to walk away because my sister's voice was in my head again saying, "Dad always did your homework." I want Micah to do his homework. Even if he ends up in tears.

So now Steve is out there with Micah helping him. I'm trying not to listen or offer advice. Oh, and I went to see if the other half of that cinnomon roll was there (I was actually going to eat it) and someone else beat me to it.

1 comment:

Don Camp said...

I did most of your homework for you. But you passed anyway.