Friday, October 21, 2011

Half Broke Horses


I just finished reading Half Broke Horses, by Jeannette Walls. Another great read by Jeannette. This is actually the story that is before her book Glass Castle. I enjoy her writing style and the characters in her family.

The main character is Jeannette's grandmother. The story follows her life on a ranch. She was an extremely hard worker and a big dreamer. She followed those dreams to move to Chicago, learn to drive, learn to fly, and to become a teacher.

This book, unlike the Glass Castle, did not remind me of my own life. But I imagine my dad would relate more to it, or my Grandparents. I loved seeing how smart the girl was and how tenacious. I would have loved to meet her and be friends with her. But I think I would have been too timid to hang out with her and go on her adventures. She could lasso a wild horse and ride the silly thing.

I highly recommend this book to all my friends.

No comments: