Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Water Shortage

We seem to have a water shortage. For the last two nights we have run out of water. Or maybe it is because we have so many people at our house that are flushing the toilet and taking showers.

There are still a bunch of people at our house. They don't take long showers or anything. We have learned to keep a bucket in your shower to rinse off with and to keep the water to use for flushing. We actually need more buckets for all the water that is being collected. So what we do is take a quick rinse off, turn off the water while you soap up, and then rinse it off. All the while you have the bucket at your feet to catch all the wasted water. I have taken a shower with less than a half a bucket of water. Not that I am bragging about that. I'm just saying that I know how to use very little water.

So we bought a 20L jug of water to have some drinking water, but when we dumped it into our water jug it had floaties. Not sure if that was already in our jug or if it was in the new one we bought. We had to use that water for flushing.

The little store down the way is sure making a killing off of all our people. Every day the guys are buying drinks and chips. And I am buying cereal, milk, bread and eggs daily. I bet we make 5 or six trips to the store each day. At least it is close by.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Just last night I was wondering how you had enough water - as we run out with just one guest. Now I know you don't - feel free to send people over here for showers. Now I also know why that little store no longer feels the urgency to deliver anything within a 3 hour time fram of ordering - they're making a killing off people who actually walk TO them. Imagine!

Laura said...

13 is a house full! How did the bean dinner turn out?