Saturday, August 28, 2010

Travels

We flew out of LAX yesterday to fly to Delhi. I had planned to have my last Dr. Pepper in the airport while we waited for our flight. Unfortunately, there was no Dr. Pepper in the International section of LAX. I was very disappointed. I drank a Coke, but did not enjoy it. Plus, the sandwiches were SO EXPENSIVE that I couldn't bring myself to buy one. So I only had peanuts for lunch.

I think LAX is the most unfriendly airport for international travel. First of all, you have to pay for the luggage carts. It was $4.00 for each cart and we needed two. I have never been at an international airport that charged for the carts. Maybe I need to just go to more airports.

After arriving in Delhi we chose the slowest line for immigrations. The guy working the counter helped 5 people when the one next to us helped 20. By the time we made it through, two full airplanes of people had gone through all the other lines. We were some of the last ones through. But we still waited for our bags.

On the way to our friends' home, by taxi at 3AM, Micah commented about the smelly Delhi air. He said, "Smell the air. This is the air I was made to breathe." We are all happy to be back here, but Micah is for sure the most.

No comments: