Sunday, March 7, 2010

My self-esteem boost

I led an aerobics class this morning after being away for 7 weeks. I am sure I will be sore later. One of the ladies, Shanaaz, told me that I look like I have lost weight. I'm sure I haven't since I only did aerobics 4 times in 7 weeks, but I told her thanks. I said, "I have probably gained weight and just look healthier (fatter). Maybe it looks good on me." She said, "No, it doesn't look good." I just smiled. Laughed inside.

This kind of thing use to really make me feel bad. She wasn't complimenting my weight loss, she was telling me that it looked bad. But I have been here long enough to have these comments not bother me. That is a good thing. What someone else thinks of me doesn't bother me.

At least not today!

2 comments:

linda in washougal said...

I think you look skinny, with or without a nose ring. :)

Growin' With It said...

hugs!