Friday, November 27, 2009

Sometimes I want to flatten a tire

Yesterday we went to our friends' house to celebrate Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful meal together with another couple too. Your regular Thanksgiving food. We had parked close to their apartment since we had a lot of things to carry. I had wondered if our parking wasn't the best, but it looked like people could still get around. Apparently, I was wrong. Steve went outside to skateboard with the kids and some of the neighbors gave him a hard time for his parking job. So he moved the car.

We left our friends' house around 9PM to make the drive home. But as we walked up to the car I noticed that we had a flat tire. Then I noticed a note on the windshield. The note was complaining about the parking job and they used some bad words to let us know what they thought about it. So we immediately suspected that the same person probably let the air out of our tire. It was completely flat. Too bad. Steve had to change the tire while Micah and I went back in to wait at our friends' place.

I told our friend what happened and he went out to talk to the guard. Not that it will do any good, but I guess that is what you are suppose to do.

It is funny how when something like this happens that I get the urge for revenge. If I knew which car was the bad guy's car I would have been tempted to let the air out of their tire. Or scratch it with my keys. I wonder if it would really make me feel better. I wonder if the person who did it feels any better after writing the hate note.

In the end, we went home in bad moods. Why do we let things like this get to us? We had a great time with friends and had spent many hours with them that day, so why is it that it can all get ruined with a note and a flat tire.

1 comment:

Liz said...

It does seem like a bit of darkness can spoil a lot of light - but maybe that's because we have the tendency to focus more on the negative, replaying that rather than the good.