Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bathroom cleaning

Bathrooms are cleaned differently here than I cleaned them in the US. I just used our bathroom after our house help lady cleaned it. The toilet seat was splashed with water. That reminded me how things are done here. Or at least how she does it.

To clean the bathroom, first she splashed the blue cleaner all around the walls and in the toilet. I don't think any scrubbing is done on the shower, but the toilet bowl will be brushed. I know she doesn't take any rags or brushes besides the toilet brush in with her. Hmmmm, so what is she washing the sink with? Anyway, then the hose on the wall is used to spray it all down. Ta da! All done.

When I was into cleaning my own home, I would bring a rag or scrub brush into the bathroom with me. I would wipe the cleaner around and use the brush to wash the tub and sink. I would use a rag to wash the toilet seat and around the edges.

Now that I think about it all, I sure don't want to drop my toothbrush in the sink.

1 comment:

linda in washougal said...

I would be going in there and cleaning after she left. I wouldn't be able to help myself. You have a hose on the wall?