Friday, August 7, 2009

Khan Market

One of the things that Steve and I are suppose to do to help us learn to communicate better is to plan meals. So today we sat down and planned the next week of meals. Then we made of shopping list. And off we went to Khan Market, the upscale shopping area close to our home.

It has been several weeks since I have been out in Delhi, before our Thailand trip, so I guess I had forgotten about the pollution. Not the air pollution but the noise pollution. We sat down in a restaurant and I was immediately bombarded with noise. Steve said, "I like this song." But I couldn't hear it over all the noise. People talking, kids whining, dishes clinking. The whole meal was like that. The little kid at the table next to me was so loud and whiny that I could hardly take it anymore. I was glad to leave.

But outside was worse. As we walked to the other side of the market to do our shopping we had to go on the road and in the parking area. "HONK! HONK! HONK!" Argh! It was so loud. We pushed our way in to the stores and bought what we needed then headed to the car. More honking. More heat. More temperatures rising. I was glad to finally get to the car and turn the a/c on and drive home.

The best part about the shopping trip was that I found some Dr. Pepper. So I have a can waiting for me to enjoy as I unwind from the trip.

1 comment:

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

LOL! People say that about my family, too.