Monday, February 16, 2009

Desi Girl

Today I am sounding off about something that has been bugging me lately. Kids! More specifically a few boys in my neighborhood, which makes me blame all Indian boys. When I am out in the neighborhood walking past a group of boys one of them will start singing a pop song called "Desi Girl". Ironically, Desi means "from the home country". So I'm not sure why they like to sing it when I walk by, but they do and it really is starting to irritate me.

Some days I just don't have the energy to venture too far out of my neighborhood, and some days I don't even like to go in my neighborhood. Especially when the kids are out in the streets playing. If they are playing cricket when I walk by, they hit the ball right at me. If they are riding their bikes, they will ride really fast at me and swerve at the last second. I just want to hit them or knock them off their bikes.

What to do? Maybe I should use my iPod so I don't have to hear them. Or maybe I should carry a cricket bat to hit the ball when it comes at me. Or maybe I should carry nails to throw on the road in front of their bike. Most likely I will continue to walk down the street with my gaze straight ahead, ignoring the little twirps and the big ones too.

1 comment:

Growin' With It said...

oh the ideas are endless on the things you could do back! "where are their parents"....yea, stuff like that we say here in the states. what a bummer leslie. chin up and smile big!